View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Enoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I like books of all stripes. I used to read a lot of Star Wars books...Don't really do this anymore. I have a decent swathe of classic literature...Stuff like the complete works of Shakespeare, Milton, Poe, Tolkien, etc.

What I read the most are nonfiction books. I just don't have a lot of time for flights of fancy when there is so much REAL knowledge to be read. I have a lot of plant/nature books, finance books, books on drugs, and spirituality. I probably spend most of my time in spirituality books. I like a lot of Eastern religion books (Tao te Ching, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, etc.), but I'm really a fan of Brennan Manning (author of the Ragamuffin Gospel).
You might be a good person for my inquiry. There is much I would learn of science and history, etc. Yet I have no love for textbooks. Dry old things they tend to be. I would rather welcome something scholarly that isn't so marvelously boring. Have you any idea of books like that? I know about Carl Sagan's books but that's about it.