View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Jenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of light
Default LOL - no you are thinking too much there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Vanity, Anger, Lust, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony and Envy: are the seven deadly sins. Are you referring to Anger as the son of Satan? Then if someone is a slave to Vanity, anger, lust and envy as well, what would you call him? Hark, Thou sons of Satan??

Or is there a reference to the poor bumblebee as the son of Satan, somewhere in the Good Book? Mine is upstairs in the attic. Do you want me to fetch it?

In fact, apart from the enormous stinging power, I admire the Bumblebee. You see, its body structure is not so aerodynamically streamlined. Yet as if by some miracle of nature, it manages to fly well!
__________________________________________________ ___________
Word Association Flow Chart

Your avatar--> Anubis ---> Lord of the Underworld (Egyptian) ---> Lord of the Underworld (Hell in Christian theology) ---> Satan

Your forum name ---> Sesame ---> Seed from ".....on a sesame seed bun." ---> seed = son

I dont think there is a referance to a bumblebee in that book. Plenty referance to the honey bee of course since honey bees, as a source of honey, were very important to those folks. Thus they were the subject of observation, and from that were an example of virtues to be used in moral lessons. I am not too sure they much differentiated between the species of bees or even realized their relationship. Perhaps Randolph could fill us in on that?
The creationists have used the bumblebee as a nitpicking point aimed at scientists for a long time. Being the ignorant sort they are, they don't keep up on science knowledge and most are poverty stricken in that area. As to how the bumblebee does it; the answer is Sheer Power. Like the humingbird and the helicopter, the wings are short in proportion to the body.
This is because they have to move through the air very fast. The humingbird beats his wings up to 50 times per second. The bumblebee, whose wings are really not very efficient, must beat his wings up to 200 times per second. As a child I collected insects as part of a 4-H project. After the members of the order Lepidoptera (moths and butterflies) my favorites were the dragonflies and damselflies of the order Odonata. I have spent many hours watching them as they cruised the air currents over a body of water, ever ready to pick up a bite to eat (mostly mosquitos, some gnats and flies,). I have had many a dragonfly land on my fly rod while drifting a fly through a likely pool.

No, I don't like bumblebes. Did you know they can sting you and come back for seconds, something a honeybee can't do?