View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Skeggjold has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfno View Post
I think you people are being a little harsh.
You made the twin mistakes of saying "real girls" and "tranny/shemale". If you had said "Do you think you will ever take your transsexual fantasy to the final level and sleep with a trans-woman? Or, do you consider your attraction only a fantasy, that you have no intention of acting on? For myself, I must confess to the latter." you probably wouldn't have gotten as harsh a response.

I, in fact, must confess to the latter. It is nothing personal against the individuals who have made the decisions they felt necessary to be happy - and no doubt, for the most part have succeeded in that goal. Fundamentally, those of us who are casual admirers have decided never to act on our desire because we don't (want to?) consider ourselves "gay" - and that brings up a whole slew of angry questions, of course, but it really does boil down to as simple an answer as that.

Fundamentally, whether the origin of the view is societal programming, parentally-induced prejudice, philosophy, theology or w/e, even though we don't have anything against the women who choose this lifestyle, we cannot force ourselves to abandon traditional gender-concepts. Maybe that's the origin of the attraction in the first place. Psychology is a very complex thing; I suspect most of the lovely ladies here are quite familiar with that fact.

Whatever the case, I think it is completely possible for us "casual admirers" to stand firm in our refusal to act on our desires (you can read as much about closeting, self-hating or whatever into that as you want, but it is what it is) while at the same time not judging the objects of said desire on their decisions, lifestyle or existence, and certainly without condemning or looking down on said women.

For the ladies of the forum, and the devoted, "active admirers", try to think of it as though we "casual admirers" are your racist grand-parents. We don't really hate anyone, deep down inside, but we can't help being offensive now and then because we are products of our era, and if you can understand that, it is easier to not take the occasional offensive slips too seriously.

As much as you desire us to accept you for who you are (and rightfully so), try to accept us for who we are as well. We have as much right to torture ourselves because we choose to adhere to (or instinctively adhere to) old-fashioned, out-dated moral codes and world-views as you do to live your life as the person you want to be.