View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009
aw9725

Default Interesting Thread

Modern rock musicians have typically always had a "feminine" or "androgynous" look. Even the "Beatles" hair was considered "long" back in the day. LOL! This thread got me to thinking about my own interest in music and how it may have influenced my acceptance of transgendered people and my current interest in transwomen.

In 1982, when I was in 6th grade, my favorite band was Motley Crüe. I had a large poster of them on the wall of my room. My dad thought "they looked like girls." LOL! Growing up, I was really into the "hair metal" bands of the '80's. If you have seen the videos I have posted in the 80's and 90's music threads you have a pretty good idea of what I listened to. Of course Metallica would soon become my favorite. All of the bands had very long hair and typically wore makeup and tight clothing. I went through a period where I had long hair too, but being into sports I typically kept it "trimmed." I grew a lot between grade school and my Junior year of high-school where I excelled in football. I used to get into trouble with my coach all the time for my hair being too long. It always stuck out from under my helmet and sometimes down onto my jersey. I wonder what he would have thought of Troy Polamalu? Anyway, back to music...

Ironically, my parents thought my Judas Priest poster was OK. Especially Rob Halford! He was a "big" guy and was into motorcycles, and had short hair! What my mom and dad didn't know was that he was also openly gay! LOL! Of course I never told them!

The pictures are: Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, David Bowie, and Rob Halford.

Last edited by aw9725; 03-07-2013 at 11:44 PM.