Thread: fear
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

soarbyrd is on a distinguished road
Default Hank nailed it

This thread has taken an interesting turn!

Hank absolutely nailed it:

Quote:
the emotional content - which is btw also 1000 times more important to me than the sexual one -
The emotional content -- that's really why I joined this forum. The pics are great, but I'm really much more interested in matters of the heart. Why do we humans behave the way we do? We are such amazing creatures once we step beyond the bogus boundaries of "thou shalt not."

This transsexual phenomenon is endlessly fascinating, and deserves a thorough scientific study as well as memoirs and documentaries. I agree with Hank that a proper study would take a lot of time and money to do it right. A memoir seems much more feasible, and after reading your posts, I'm convinced you could do a fabulous job, Hank! You already have a lot of fans eagerly awaiting your memoir.

The transsexual impulse has always been there in our species, and deserves a historical survey in its own right. But only recently have all the factors come together -- almost total freedom if you've got the money to pay for it; hormones; electrolysis; implants; reconstructive surgery -- to allow a man to transform himself into an amazing facsimile of a genetic woman... what is, for all practical purposes, an entirely new sex. And after all is said and done, when we look at a transwoman we are looking at the outward manifestation of an inner impulse. And it's this inner impulse that fascinates me so much. By any definition, a transwoman is an artist, and her canvas is her own body. Transwomen are taking body modification to unprecedented new heights of creativity.

What is this inner impulse that drives a person to go through all the time, money, pain and discouragement to complete this transformation? An amazing amount of dedication, determination, focus, and sheer grit is necessary to complete the task. Transwomen are admirable beyond compare.

Thanks to everybody for stimulating this and all the other discussions.