Thread: fear
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
Well I was having some fun with "The Joy of Sex" thing but no, I'm not shitting you H. I meant what I said about your enthusiasm. And that's the point; your enthusiasm, and passion, and your experience will carry you a long way if you want to try and write something. It helps a lot if someone has something to say and believes in it. Your English is fine and you can always find someone to proof read and help with the fine tuning of language.
Like you say time is a big issue, I think it takes a lot of time and commitment to write something substantial. The Phd at Honkkong sounds a really interesting idea so I hope if it's what you want to do you can find a way to make it work.
Well, thank you again :-) Hmmm, I do admit that I feel I have a lot to say and tell about this my absolute favourite topic... I used to be quite active on a Danish forum as well. I was interesting to learn about trans-life in my old country - VERY different from here, I'd say.

What I appreciated about this here forum from the beginning, how ever, was the good-natured tone and what seemed to be a healthy interest in debating matters in a constructive way. And blissfully free of flaming and blaming. I also find it important that we're both girls and guys here sharing thoughts, wishes and experiences.

A PhD is currently not possible for me - simply because of the time such a project requires. When I said Kinsey-style study I was actually not kidding. And it would do a lot of good here to cast light on transsexual existense in this amazing land. It would, how ever, demand for not only a full time approach but also for substantial amounts of money as I would not be able to conduct all the necessary interviews myself - in other words, I'd have to hire and train assistants to actually go out there in the field and do the interviews. This is not per se impossible - I'm fairly well connected in the LGBT-community here, but it's just not realistic for me right now. Of course, I could (and probably would) limit my initial approach to the Jakarta area - a cute lill town of 23 mill. ppl :-) but it'd still be somewhat of a task...

Hmmm... but a little book? That does seem more manageable right now. And with a wee help from my friends... ;-)

Let's say I'll throw myself into it. What narrative concept would you then suggest? I can immediately say that my goal with such a publication (in which ever form it would have) would be exactly the same as here: via my own example to try to make the good folks realize that it is indeed possible to follow your heart and reap the fruits - that there really IS no reason to be afraid. It would also be a combination of illustrative examples and my own evolved "pocket-philosophies" which are obviously 100% empiric and not in any ways based on anything scientific.

I can also say that even though there would be some mildly juicy parts, then the sexual part of it would be very minor (just enuff to make the "dry stuff" go down as well :-)) Remember, that writing at a forum like this, where I'm among friends, is a totally different story than going public like that - and the last thing I'd want would be to enhance the lay-ppl's biases that we're a bunch of oversexed freaks :-) So the emotional content - which is btw also 1000 times more important to me than the sexual one - I can't BELIEVE I'm writing this...:-) - would be the focus.

What do you think?

H