Thread: User Titles
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I believe the point of standardized titles is as a designator of level "achieved" (for want of a better word), which is determined by a simple algorithm reflecting number of posts and reputation (but not, I do not think, "length of time one has been a member"). Self-chosen titles would defeat that purpose, obviously -- but perhaps that purpose is of no consequence.
Ah yes, you are correct. The coffee hadn't hit yet when I made that post.

The idea of "level achievement" (again, for lack of a better phrase) is more purposeful on this site than other forum sites I belong to. Here, simplistic reply posts in threads such as 'hot girl' or 'yeah' are discouraged and active participation in the forums is encouraged.

For that reason, perhaps the system works well enough. Aren't we then be dealing with an issue of semantics?