Thread: Self Defense
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009
Communicator

Mel Asher is infamous around these partsMel Asher is infamous around these parts
Default Bold and Bantery Band of Brits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
He bravely ran away He bravely ran away. When danger reared it's ugly head he turned his tail and bravely fled Brave, brave Sir Robin
Brits now seem noted for their cynicism, so indeed the popularity of that intrepid band of burlesque Brits Monty Python. But how does a cynic respond to very-real threat ? Not very commendably or bravely, I would imagine. But bravery comes in various guises, which was perhaps the theme behind my earlier post. It takes a peculiar sort of bravery to walk away from a threat ( if indeed any opening is available ), when the instinct is to kick, punch, stab or shoot one's way out of trouble.

That said, this thread seems to be mainly about Gun enthusiasts promoting the benefits and / or enjoyment of using guns. The reality is that complete reliance upon only one such a set of skills, instaed of having a menu of skills upon which to draw, might offer security only from an extreme emergency situation, not from the problems which might develop from precipitous action.
I feel that concentrating exclusively on firearms solutions is rather too far removed from the thread originator's first post.

Meantime I will withdraw and hide trembling in my dojo, leaving my rusting rifle at home !

Enjoy the club.