View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyShemaleAnna View Post
Hmmm, I always saw the use of quantum leap to describe certain innovation as being thus: The most interesting thing about transition between energy states is, there is no intermediate. An electron will pass to a higher orbit without passing through any space between.

With technology, quantum leap generally refers to something entirely new, with no precursor, and no link to previous technology. So technology has advanced with no intervening transition. eg, invention of the steam engine, besicly people went from a horse walking in a circle, to steam engine, bam, quantum leap, it's just like boom steam engine, no intervening step there, it's not like the advance from the first low pressure engines to steam locomotives, where it's a long string of small improvements, it's just boom, whole new technology, it's gone from one thing to the other with nothing in between.

that's how I've always seen it anyway.
Your is a decidedly more accurate use of the word "quantum" than what I described. Were you one of my students, you would receive a star (and who knows what else? ).