Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

MrBig99 is on a distinguished road

First off, I love the picture in #1423 - although I think the Leafs could field a lineup from Ice Capades and still sell out.

Some Southern cities don't deserve teams/can't draw, but some do. Nashville and Carolina have dedicated fans, but I don't think Atlanta and either of the Florida teams do. My thought for Florida is to combine Tampa and Miami's teams - play half of the games in each city. Now you have a franchise that you can move somewhere (please don't say Hartford - their 25 fans can't support it). You can move them and Atlanta to Canada, but then you have to reshuffle divisions. Move Nashville to the Southeast, but guarantee them 2 games against Detroit every year. Shift Pittsburgh into that division, and now Ovechkin/Crosby means something. And you can have Winnipeg in the NW, and move Minnesota into the Central; likewise for either Quebec City or Hamilton. But trust me, Raleigh and Nashville don't want to give up their teams.

Remember, in Raleigh, that is the only major league pro team in town. The Durham Bulls are the best minor league team in baseball (3 titles and 4 runner ups in 12 years in AAA); and you've had the last 2 NCAA basketball titles (Duke and UNC); but no major sports except the Canes.