Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
The 2009-2010 NHL season has ended. There has been some turmoil in the league, in regards to teams moving, this past season and especially in the last couple of months. My predictions for the future of the league are that Winnipeg will have an NHL team in 2011-2012 season and Phoenix won't. Quebec City will have a team in 2012-2013 season and Nashville won't. Hamilton or Halifax will have a team in 2013 to 2015 time frame and Florida will have one less team. Buffalo will move, hopefully to Hamilton.

Feel free to disagree with me.
I don't know if your predictions are correct, but each and every one of them would be a positive development -- with one exception. I would like to see the Sabres stay in Buffalo, a city that has suffered so much loss (the steel industry, for example). Other than that, I can't wait for the day when there are no NHL teams in ridiculous places where -- as I've written many times before (and endured a long dispute about with one member) -- hockey is not a "natural" sport.

To that end, in addition to those you mention, I'd like to see Atlanta, Carolina, the other Florida team (you mention only one), Washington, Anaheim, Dallas, Los Angeles, and San Jose all gone, moved to (these are just suggestions): Portland (Maine); Halifax; Saskatoon; Duluth; Fargo; and some other places that deserve (and could even possibly support, other than with TV revenues) NHL teams.

And here's a picture I found that is apropos of your Hamilton mention and our previous Toronto-bashing.
Attached Thumbnails
leafs_hamilton.jpg