View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboyadmirer View Post
Yes, I was afraid the sad answers would outweigh those of success.

Well, certainly, it's not ALL sad stories - but let's face it, as long as societies are so hung up on age (read: the younger the better) and socalled "normality" (read: a guy has a penis, a girl has a vagina) then old transsexuals may often find themselves in a doubly difficult situation.

The answer, of course, is to keep on the important work of enlightening lay-people about trangender life (gays have been quite succesful in changing peoples' mindsets over the last 40 years - unfortunately trans-people have not reaped many fruits from this) as well as setting up support-systems for transsexuals who suddenly find themselves in a very lonely and difficult situation. Granted, I primarily speak of Asia here, but whip me if it doesn't have some relevans to Western societies as well.

So I'm obviously completely in disagreement with some one who arrogantly calls this a ridiculous question. The fact is that if you have just the slightest empathy and insight into trans-life in Asia (which was what the initial question focused on) then you, indeed, realize that this is one of the most important questions at all to ask.