View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Alt-eneregy has been eaten up and spit out along with just about every other stock in this market. Back when I speculated that we had bottomed out in November I was more optimistic on the alt-energy front. I think the sector (broadly speaking) will benefit from this administration, but it's a sector that generally has a lot of small cap companies that have been completely decimated by market conditions. I read a recent article at MarketWatch about $300/barrel oil. Now in fairness, I was a HARSH critic of said article, but I think oil is definitely set for a long-term rise, if only tied to inflation here in the US. On a long play, I actually like some of the oil bastards...I think they've begun to see the "writing on the wall," and are now invested in trying to further their interests beyond peak oil. The one thing about oil companies is that they pay dividends (not necessarily phenomenal ones), but for a long-call, I MUCH prefer that exposure to something like USO, or some other futures-based ETF. For short-term trading, stick with derivative ETF's and profit. But those ETF's never pay out divies, so stay away for the long.