View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Jeez just relax CM, Because it will never happen because from the get go the US had a for profit health care system and it will never change the GOP will never allow that gravey train to end so i guess things will go back to normal those who have no health insuence will just go to the ER and never pay a dime so in away we already have universal heath care Jennifer
First of all, there's no reason to take a sort of condescending tone in telling me to just relax. I was a nice guy. I said I believed in helping the truly, truly, truly poor and doing something to help those people out. I said it was the right thing to do, on even a basic human level.

On the other hand, when I say I have no faith in what Congress is already trying to put into place, I'm simply expressing a view that pretty much EVERY poll shows a vast majority of Americans likewise agree with. Sure, people agree there could be SOME kinds of reform, but overall they feel that the government stepping in and taking over and running things usually ends up as a really BAD idea. And why? Simply because the government SUCKS at actually keeping things small, manageable and cost-conscious versus turning anything they touch into a colossal behemoth that quickly becomes a giant mess.

Mind you, I'm not letting the Insurance Companies off the hook. I DO think there needs to be certain levels of reform. But I'd rather we looked at our existing system and going after established companies and fixing things that they do wrong...so that so many people fall through the cracks...as opposed to creating an all-new bureaucracy that will only hurt people in the long run.

Or worst of all, bankrupt the country by trying to do too much, too soon.

Not to mention, if you're admitting that poor people just go to the ER and get totally free healthcare anyway, then I guess they've got nothing to bitch about, now do they?