Thread: Bigmouth
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

By that logic, in all due respect Tracy, I must say the same of the Democratic party.

Ok, I can concede Christianity has influence in the Republican party. I won't go more into it and about our history as nation as that's another discussion in itself. But I will say this: each side has sold out to some ideology or belief system.

So, to speak on the Democrats:

People like Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donnel, John Edwards, Nancy Pelosi, Obama, Clinton, others...are proof that the Democratic party has whored itself out to liberal or far left interests.

It goes both ways. Both parties are owned by some religious or ideological camp. I don't separate religion from ideology in this context. Because sometimes political ideology becomes a kind of religion. For the record, average liberals are ok. But you have the far left who stem from them. And extending further you have the dangerous secular progressives.

So, Tracy, with this said I now present you what the true problem is.

It's not the Reps or the Dems really. It's the fact that political affiliation is now entirely based on religious or ideological views. It's the fact that we are losing the classic and traditional Democrat and Republican. They are now becoming the Left Winger and Right Winger. People are letting ideology replace intelligent and independent thought in this nation and all over the world.

In all fairness...I have hope. For I feel that the "in the middle" types of liberals and conservatives both are the last honest to God free thinkers. Right wingers and left wingers and splinter groups are nothing more than ideological sheep being led by a shepherd.

But the, for lack of a better word, "good" liberal and "good conservative could turn it around. For these people bridge the party lines. They tend to be less partisan based on how they feel about specific issues. Whereas many others just swallow the party line. The Dems sold out to the far left. And there is much evidence to prove this just as there is that Republicans allow Christianity to influence them. Ever notice that the anti-religion crowd are found mostly in the Democratic left? Think about that.

So, I think people need to become free thinkers again and lose this "us versus them" thinking.