Thread: WWF/WWE Fans?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ziggybabie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic delivery View Post
i don't see the point in fake sports, i can apreciate the corogrphy and the over the top showmanship, but its not something i could watch alot of, i used to like it when i was alot younger. i like to watch UFC theres even some wwe guys who fight in it, brock lesner he's scary looking i saw his secong ufc fight and he was pounding the guy silly for about four minutes then the guy submited him it was a hell of a fight.
It's more than just "fake sports" to fans though.

I never got real sports because most bore me to tears (there's more whistles and flags in football than action whenever I TRY to watch), but sports movies are AOK, because I like characters and storylines. Wrestling is also like a male soap opera with funny over-the-top characters and LMAO trashtalking and "skits"/interviews that are WAY too risque and adult themed to be considered too "childish", nowadays. Plus, the GOOD ones can put on just as an exciting match as any Rocky movie staged fight. It's not all just "fake hit" - "act like you're hit", bodyslam. Some of those guys came from Greco Roman and real collegiate wrestling backgrounds and put on fast paced exhibitions with more moves in a minute than Michael Jackson in Chucky Cheese.

But, to each their own. I understand everyone won't like it. I just hate how lot of people just oversimplify it and think of the false stereotypes that haven't been true for so long. Hulk Hogan is not a "wrestler", for example, but muscular entertainer with a 3-move-repertoire-pose for the fans style. He's the most known, but not all are as stereotypically untalented as him.

Anyways, yeah. UFC or the "real stuff" is about the only actual sport I watch. I used to love Royce Gracie way back in the UFC's early days.