View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Well, first of all, a big HELLO to all! Just a new member here who spent the weekend reading through the boards to get a sense of what everyone was talking about.

I thought that Bionca posed an interesting question (as she always seems to do, after now having read several of her exceptionally well-written and deeply personal posts). The original question was: Could there be a term for "men who like girls like me"? For what it's worth at this late date, here were my only thoughts to contribute to the thread...

The charm to the terms Heterosexual and Homosexual is they're so clean and basic they make perfect, instantaneous sense: attraction between different sexes versus the same sex. Boom! You're done. Nothing more needs explaining.

But in accepting Bionca's challenge, Cham suggested Tranny Lover or TLover (which Shemale Sex Lover echoed a similar like for) -- but my only problem is then you ARE labeling things in such a way that it DOES create its own niche category. And I guess my bigger question is should Love EVER be categorized? In the larger scheme of Life, the Universe and Everything (and I bow to the lady and say that in honor of Bionca, the self-professed geek!) shouldn't we just call love between two consenting adults love so we finally DO reach a day of total acceptance?

Show Me Love suggested Heterogay, which is interesting, too -- my only problem is it sounds schizophrenic, like you can't decide if you're hetero OR gay, so you've decided to be both. And I think Bionca was right, the fact that it includes "gay" on the end where it sounds so prominent would put some people off and (again) niche it too much.

Sesame brought up Omnisexual which is a totally terrific word. I seriously love the sound of that! Good work! My only problem is it sounds like I'm from outer space and I'm terrorizing the Earth by screwing everything in sight. Puny humans, beware! I'm ravenous! I can't stop myself! I'm Omnisexual, so don't cross my path or you'll get some of me!!!

BlueRaven88 brought up Renee Reyes' idea of Paratrexual -- but somehow that sounds like I should be having sex in midair after I've leapt from a plane. And I really love Marlowe's Cockadors, another brilliant creation -- only now I can't get the image out of my head that my penis has grown horns and I can only get erect by waving a red cape back and forth in front of my open pants!

In some ways I agree with BlueRaven88's post. Why create a new term or any label at all, since one of the things I think a TS would greatly appreciate is NOT being singled out TOO much or having TOO much attention being called to themselves for simply wanting to find their own special someone. And in the end, isn't the greatest and most treasured love one where it does go unlabeled and you DO love someone for who they simply are?

So, I don't know...I guess Bionca tossed it out as a fun exercise in name-creating, and now I'm over-thinking too much. But to answer the question -- namely "What would be a term for men who like girls like me" -- the 4 terms I would pick would be: open-minded, honest, sincere, and genuine. Because isn't finding an open-minded and honest partner...one who will care about you and love you with sincere and genuine affection...what we all seek in life?

Ahhh, never mind me. That's just the Cary Grant part of me speaking up! Pay no attention to the die-hard romantic!