Thread: Who gets high?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH
vision can become distorted or doubled, and complete ego dissolution is also possible accompanied by hallucinations, etc. However, the hallucinations are not guided by sensory input. Dissociatives lead to sensory shutdown. The ego becomes dissociated from the body. The vessel becomes very numb and the senses become useless. When this sensory shutdown accompanies ego dissolution, many become terrified. The experience is as if one has died. Therefore, dissociatives are credited with producing "near death" and "out of body" experiences.
Pease explain in layman's terms:
1) complete ego dissolution
2) sensory shutdown
3) near death

Are you saying that out of the body and death are analogous?

#hallucinations are not guided by sensory input
I would like to point out here, that we see lucid dreams every night. Those visions are not sensory either. The mind or brain (?) shows it to us. In Dreams, We see colourful things, hear various sounds, stray words... feel the sense of touch, taste things, even smell fragrances! But we Do Not actually receive the stimuli through our sense organs (eyes, ears, nose, tongue, skin).

#vessel becomes very numb and the senses become useless
This also happens in deep meditation... where only consciousness remains... the feeling that "I AM" or "I EXIST" is only there. No memory that I am Mr. X, I look like that, I am of such and such profession, I am a king or a begger... no such egoistic feeling remain with us. Only the concentrated feeling of existence is there. One doesnt even feel the body any more. Yet this feeling is many times more powerful than the distracted consciousness we feel in our day to day life.
Would you consider such a sensation as Near Death?