View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9127 View Post
ila,

75 baud? I believed you but had to look it up. It looks like those speeds were used with "teletypewriting" or TTY (mainframe terminals?). I have seen that term "TTY" used with Modems. Don't remember if I ever set anything for that. Maybe for CompuServe? The slowest I've ever used was a "VIC Modem" which was 300 baud. Blazing fast for the time. At least you could get "on line."
Yep, 75 baud was teletype. It was analogue communications though and not digital. The method of transferring data is somewhat similar except that analogue communications usually measured the voltage level, which varies according to the character being transmitted, whereas in digital the voltage is either on or off.