View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Elonar is infamous around these parts
Default Seraphims and their ilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian View Post
I'm no expert on angels, but always believed they were men only. Please tell me more!
The Judaeo-Christian tradition rooted in that of the Hebrews invariably presented its authority as patriarchal. This probably explains why Jahweh, Jehovah, and God had to be referred to as ' He ', and the lesser spirit minions such as Cherubim, and Seraphs doing ' his ' bidding would carry divine masculine authority. Hence Michael, Raphael, Lucifer ( Satan ), Azrael etc would all be considered ' He-s ' . For female Divinities and spirits, you would have to look to the Babylonian tradition.

After all, in the Christian Tradition, the Virgin Mary conceived by divine intervention, and since Mary was female, however mystical you make it, the logical conclusion is that she was impregnated, and that the divine medium for that took on male powers to do that !

But when you are dealing with matters of pure faith and conjecture, even the impossible becomes possible.

Personally I prefer to view my Guardian Angel ( if indeed I have one ) as essentially female - so much more sympathetic and non-judgmental !