Thread: Pretty Boys
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish View Post
because i'm not very into definitions and etiquette on the web,just a questions for the girls right there:somebody is calling "boys" the shemales (or ts)..that's not a bit offensive?
(sorry if i make mistakes on definitions but in real life i only use the words "transvestite or crossdresser=still a male but with female clothes","shemale or transsexual=a very large group for me","ladyboy=asian trans" and recently i've learned "trap=for me the step between tv and ts")
is it correct?
There is a lot of confusion and controversy over terms. The most important thing to remember is that the individual's self-identity is what matters most. In fact, it is all that matters. Hence, when people have posted models who clearly identify as women and referred to them as crossdressers, they have been corrected (and reprimanded, if the need arises).

There is a "Femboys" thread that has many of what you call "traps." It existed long before I joined this site; had I had a say in its creation, I would have argued for a different title. In fact, I would change the name of this site, since the term "ladyboy" sows such confusion (see below).

Personally, I think this "Pretty Boys" thread should have no models other than those who clearly identify as boys, but who happen to be "pretty" (which, in most cases, tends on this site to mean they have "feminine" features).

Also personally, I do not think that any model from the various sites with "ladyboy" in their name belong in this thread (e.g., the one posted just above. While it is true that "boy" is part of that characterization, it is the case that this is more a language/translation issue than it is a genuine gender identity. I submit that most Asians who call themselves ladyboys would, if they were native English speakers, not use that term. This is based only on some empirical evidence, but I am confident that it would hold under rigorous scrutiny.