View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Isn't it just grand to read things in a manner where you see only what you want to see, rather than what someone really wrote? That way, you can argue whichever point you want, regardless of anything, put words in the mouths of others, and try to get away with shifting the focus.
I think you're getting our debating styles confused.

Quote:
1. I NEVER, EVER used the word "only" where you ascribe it to me.
Granted, you didn't say only, but you did say "Unconstitutional in YOUR opinion, and that of some ideologues on the Supreme Court." I didn't see anyone else in your list of who considers it unconstitutional.

Quote:
As for the opinion of the American people, it is an acknowledged fact among all serious followers of politics that the polls on this issue are heavily influenced as much by how the debate has been framed by partisan messengers, or how some have failed to frame the debate, as anything else. This is typical with such polls. Reasonable people can reasonably conclude that the poll you cite is no different than all the polls showing that people who opposed ALL government involvement in healthcare before the Affordable Care Act was passed were also highly like to agree with the statement "Keep your government hands off of my Medicare."
I think reasonable people would be able to see that the poll includes groups other than those who oppose ALL government involvement in healthcare and that Democrats also think that forcing all Americans to buy health insurance is unconstitutional.