View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeGirl View Post
Well for most trans women I know... Admirer's are good... Chasers are bad.

But thankx for chiming in. (would have like a more in depth response though, coming from a professor )

Though I've known you to be a very knowledgeable and respectful guy from the first time I started posting here.
I appreciate the compliment. And I will give you the more in-depth response you say you would have liked.

Regarding the point about "admirer," I think it's not the "admirer" part so much as the combination of the term when used the same way "tranny chaser" is used. The fact is that I guess I do admire the guts and tenacity it takes to make a transition. I am, in fact, in awe of my trans friends.

I guess I just don't want to be pigeonholed by the fact that I have a particularly strong sexual attraction to trans women. I am most definitely not a "chaser," and I have had that confirmed by my trans women friends who have assured me that they do not see me exhibiting any "chaser" behavior. So, I guess I can live with being tagged an "admirer," even if I don't do so myself.

As for the attraction, I can elaborate a bit (and please pardon what may seem like some generalization; I am speaking only of my direct experience). I have always, since my pre-teen years, had stronger friendships with women than with men. I have a very small number of male friends. I have quite a few very good female friends. As I have gotten to know some trans women quite well, I have simply found that the time I spend with them tends to be the most enjoyable and easy-going (other than, of course, the fact that the position society puts them in tends to create some angst and anxiety that isn't always the most fun to be around).

My trans women friends are the ones with whom I can talk about anything. They understand some of the things my cis-women friends do not (generally speaking, again), and bring their women's perspective to discussions in a way that is ... for want of a better word ... special.

I'll forego elaborating on the sexual attraction.