View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I don't think ESPN has much interest, if any, in hockey. Hockey is a hard sell for a national network in the US. Your networks would rather show football and basketball, two of the most boring sports in the world, which take forever to play because of all the timeouts and stoppages in play. Heck, your national networks would rather show car racing than hockey. And what can be more exciting than watching cars go around and around on an oval track.
With the pending NFL shutdown ESPN would have been desprite to find sports to fill the gap and the NHL was a strong possiabilty,

In away i'm glad ESPN is not carrying hockey as i felt they did a poor job the last time they had the rights
And as i have a sat dish with the NHL centerice package i pretty much can see any game that is televised and most teams have decent local coverage
The only plus to ESPN showing hockeygames would have been drawing in my fans, i'm sure i don't have to tell you take a person to a hockey game once and they will be a hockeyfan for life same is true for watching a good game on the tube
Penguinsfan Jen