View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sosed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Whenever I read something like what you have written, Bionca, I feel compelled to make a comment.

My observation is that while many, if not most, men are pigs who treat women with such disrespect (and transwomen even worse) that it turns my stomach, there are some of us who strive not only to be different but also to point out the "shortcomings" of others when the opportunity comes along. I, for one, would be honored to introduce you to anyone. It is shameful that others are not. They are not worthy of being called "human."

In the small city I live that abuts Boston, our high schools have a program to introduce LGBT people to the entire student body and build awareness and respect. There is a zero tolerance policy for abusive language or behavior. And it works -- not always, but more often than not. I will never forget the day I was in a pizza parlor near the high school and overheard a hulking football player giving a stern lecture to another player about the nasty name the latter had just called a young person who had just left. I had not really noticed the person in question, but from the lecture I discerned that he was a very effiminate young man or perhaps a transwoman. In any case, the football player who was lectured actually acknowledged that he was wrong.

A small step, but ...
I find this program excellent idea. I think it could be more common in schools. How do they describe identity disorder, when there is male in female body or female in male body? I'm sure science know here much more than what is common known. After all understanding of trans people could, in the long term, give them proper legal status and laws, that they could normally live as any other citizen.