Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnaseum View Post
Before the special Massachusetts election, I would have responded with some lame joke here, but now I just stare in dumbfounded disbelief......
I haven't posted this in the Coakley/Brown thread because the discussion there is truly inane, in my opinion, but I'd just like to point out one thing (and I write this while not supporting either Obama or Palin or Coakley or Brown):

I live in Massachusetts. People in the know in Massachusetts understand that Scott Brown did not win because Massachusetts voters turned to a Republican. He won because Massachusetts voters abstained. Look at these results.

In 2008, Obama won 1.9 million votes to McCain's 1.1 million in Massachusetts.

In 2010, Coakley won 1.05 million votes to Brown's 1.16 million.

In other words, Brown essentially won all the votes McCain got (okay, a very few more), and 850,000 people who are fed up with the broken promises of Obama stayed home instead of putting his candidate Coakley in the Senate.

That explains how an overwhelming majority of Massachusetts citizens can support the public option in healthcare and Brown still wins. It is the only explanation. People stayed home because they just don't see the point.