Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
It depends on what they sign him for. Thome is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago, and he has had some injuries creeping up on him recently. If the contract is not too high and perhaps an incentive-laden one, I could see this as a good signing. If they overpay, they could end up like the Blue Jays did when they signed Frank Thomas(man, if only we could have gotten him when he was not a shadow of his former self).
That seems to be a common Jays problem. When they do get a good player at a reasonable salary they let him go. Sometimes the Jays are so frustrating with the way they do business.

Yes, shadows, I do support the Jays (the only Toronto team that I do support). I would like to see them be a lot more consistent than they are. They always get my hopes only to dash them again.