View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
I'll not bait the connies here...
Oh, good!
Bionca's my friend, so now I won't have to argue with her and--

Quote:
... and won't imply being gay is an insult by dragging Mr Haggard, Craig, and Gannon into this. For the record, I'm not overly fond of the Dems, and I think they threw this race by running the worst candidate with a shady history. If they don't have the magic 60 in the Senate, they can blame the Republicans for stalling on the things they promised (and had no intention of moving on). The Dems are cowards and have been moving more and more right since I started voting.
HEY! What happened to the whole "I'll not bait the connies" part???

Quote:
I'll give the Republicans credit in holding to their base and playing on their fears of teh commiez and teh kweerz...and actually giving them results with regressive laws, pointless social legislation, and culture war of their own making and perpetuation.
Well, first of all, I think it's a GOOD thing to be against "commiez" and communism, as a political line of thought, in general. In fact, I think most Americans would pretty much agree with that one.

As for "teh kweerz", correct me if I'm wrong -- but isn't it the Democrats who always say they're in favor of Gay rights... who campaign on "gay friendly" issues every election season, in order to lock up the voting block... but who THEN conveniently get amnesia AFTER they've won and are put into office?

Last I checked, Obama -- yes, Democrat -- as well as BOTH the House and Senate, which are controlled by -- yes, Democrats -- have spent an entire year conveniently NOT addressing the military "don't ask, don't tell" policy, which they likewise said they'd repeal IF they were elected into office as a majority. Hmm...and come to think of it, they've run as fast as possible from any gay marriage initiatives too, haven't they? Speaking as a California resident, I don't recall the Democratic party REALLY extending themselves very much to defeat Prop 8 (the gay marriage amendment) or even throwing much effort into the fight.

Look, the Republicans aren't saints here. There's no question the FAR right -- the so-called "religious right" -- is always going to strike an adversarial tone. On the other hand, when polled most moderate Republicans actually in favor of things that would help the gay community, and now you even have people like Cindy McCain lending her image and voice in ads towards repealing Prop 8 and fighting FOR gay marriage in California. Tell you what, get back to me when Michelle Obama puts it on the line as much.

All I'm saying is this -- I just wish the gay community wouldn't be so quick, as a voting block, to continually throw themselves in automatically with the Democrats just because they are continually led to believe that THIS is the time that they'll finally get what they want...only then they don't. For that matter, I feel the same way about the African-American community too. At some point, much like the Martha Coakley upset, people simply need to vote for the person they actually BELIEVE is going to bring about the political changes they believe in, rather than just mindlessly voting a party line.