Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Beyond stupid!

by Mark Silva, Washington tribune

Quote:
Maybe radio's Rush Limbaugh was trying to provide the Rev. Pat Robertson with a little cover, when he suggested on-air that people don't need to contribute money to Haitian earthquake relief.

It was Robertson who first suggested that the people of Haiti are paying for "a pact with the devil'' made centuries ago.

But it was Limbaugh -- at a time when the president is asking Americans to contribute money to earthquake relief and directing them to the White House Website to learn where they can help, as the State Department reports more than $3 million in $10 donations for the Red Cross through its text-messaging network -- who told a caller that all helping out will do is get someone on Obama's campaign email list.

"We've already donated to Haiti,'' Limbaugh told the caller on his radio show (here it below) "It's called the U.S. income tax."

President Barack Obama today announced $100 million in direct aid to Haiti for earthquake relief.

And the president's press secretary, who already had commented on the ''stupid'' remarks that Robertson had made, was asked what he has to say about Limbaugh saying Americans shouldn't donate money.

"Again, I think in times of great crisis there are always people that say really stupid things,'' said Robert Gibbs, the press secretary, at today's press briefing.

"I don't know how anybody could sit where he does, having enjoyed the success that he has, and not feel some measure of sorrow for what has happened in Haiti. I think to use the power of your pulpit to try to convince those not to help their brothers and sisters is sad. My sense is that most people, though, because they understand we're part of an amazing world, won't listen, and instead will seek to help those that they know, because through no fault of their own, have suffered an unspeakable tragedy.''
Robertson is insane and Limbaugh is the biggest asshole in the world.