Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonistman View Post
Gee,,, I was surprised by the neg comments on goons having no place in Hockey. I grew up in NYC and loved going w/ my Dad to the old Garden. I guess we were a rowdy bunch,, but I'll never forget how we'd heat up dimes, and toss them on the ice to mess w/ the refs (not during play). The original teams have decades of heritage,,,given time teams like our Avs will too. To me there'll always be a place for the Hanson bros types in the NHL.......
GO AVS,,,,,,yea
I guess I should elaborate. By goons, I don't mean the players that play a particular role(every team has one or two players of that type) but I mean the players that try to hurt other players deliberately and take them out of the game for good. That is not sportsmanship at all. I like watching hard hits and I like watching fighting, but I do not like people trying to cripple other players every time they are on the ice. Thankfully, players like that are rare otherwise the teams would be shorthanded all the time.