Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
You're right, Montreal tends to eat their goalies as soon as they don't live up to expectations. I'm going to say something sacreligious; I was never a fan of Patrick Roy. I thought that he was too full of himself.

Now that gave me a good laugh too.

It's going to be either Quebec City or Winnipeg that gets a team. I think Quebec may have the edge as they have a bigger arena. I would really rather see Hamilton get a team before either of those cities. Hamilton will support a team at least as well as Toronto. I think it's a shame the way Jim Balsillie was treated by the league.
It's nice seeing other fans of hockey here. I hope that some other fans will decide to talk about their favourite(or most hated) teams besides yourself and Jen(I am enjoying both your posts here, though, so please keep them up!). So far the three of us root for Eastern teams. Are there any Western fans here?

Thanks for your honesty about Patrick Roy. I didn't want to say anything too bad about him just in case(bad first impression and all that:D). I don't like how he treated Montreal at the end(wahhhhhh! You left me in for all those goals. I want a trade...after a soother please). Good goalie but a true basket case at times.

I'm glad that I was able to give you a laugh, Ila. Normally, all Toskala does is give us fans heartburn when we have a 1-goal lead so it's a welcome change.:D

I feel that Basillie would have gotten a team if he hadn't been so mercenary about it all. Continually trying to snatch teams and move them to Hamilton was probably not the best way to go about things(especially with Bettman's huge((and fragile)) ego), and I am sure he realized that near the end of Baum's decision process. Will he get a team someday? I hope so, as his passion would be good for the team. I think either Bettman has to go, or Basillie mends his fences with the other owners before that will happen.