Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
It's not just this year.

Montreal - the best ever NHL team. They've been my favourite since forever.
Awwww, why did you have to go and insult my team? LOL! It's fine. Friendly rivalries are good for the game.

I will say that Montreal needs to treat their goalies a little better(the same can be said for the Leafs somewhat), as they put so much pressure on their young goalies that they crack. Look at Huet for example. He was touted as the next Patrick Roy(very tough shoes to fill, even though he is kind of a tool off the ice) and when he couldn't handle all the pressure he started to falter. They ended up dumping him for Carey Price, but I can't help but see the same things happening to him. Halak can be good, but I don't think he's a first string goalie(better than Toskala though, LOL, but even a cardboard cutout would be as well).

Besides the goalie problem, they don't have the size. They got some good talent in the offseason(Cammalleri mainly, as I don't see Gomez doing great things), but they don't have size. They will probably make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll make it to the finals due to the grueling nature of the playoffs. Myself, I just hope we don't end up giving Boston a #1 pick in the next draft!

As a Montreal fan, what do you think of the prospect of Quebec getting another team(which is what it sounds like will probably happen)? Another Canadian team would be a good thing, and I think that Quebec could handle another NHL team.

Last edited by shadows; 10-29-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Kovalev is in Ottawa now, not Montreal. D'oh!