View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

GroobyKrissy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndowe View Post
Hi there.

I see i have used BIG words you do not understand, "de facto" means; in effect, or by default, and i didn't make it up...
Was busy over the weekend but nice to come back and see the silliness continues here...

Actually, you did make your definition of 'De Facto' up. It does NOT mean 'in effect' or 'by default' as you postulate. And, before you go shooting your mouth off, I have studied both Latin and law so, yes, I can speak on this matter.

De Facto is a legal term (thus, separating it from the context is, in itself, an improper usage of the term) meaning something that has no legal establishment but is generally accepted as true. The very fact that Copyright laws exist render your argument completely illogical from the start.

To state that any material posted on the Internet becomes De Facto Public Domain and have that statement be true, no other laws concerning the subject would have to exist and it would have to be generally accepted as true that Copyright Laws don't apply to the Internet. Both of these statements are FALSE.

Imagine standing before a judge and saying that you robbing banks is de facto OK because it has been done before. Or, try opening your own brand of Burger King and using their trademark / copyright and telling the judge, 'Well, it's on the Internet so it must be de facto public domain...' Let me know how that works out for you. He would laugh in your face and send you back to law 101. Before you start hurling insults at people and misusing terms you don't fully understand... How's about educating yourself a little more about what you're thinking of speaking about?

Last edited by GroobyKrissy; 10-12-2009 at 12:40 PM.