Trans Ladyboy Forum

Trans Ladyboy Forum (http://forum.transladyboy.com//index.php)
-   In Memoriam (http://forum.transladyboy.com//forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Iodine Oct-21-1989 - Oct-23-2014 (http://forum.transladyboy.com//showthread.php?t=17467)

Cockateer 12-24-2014 08:31 AM

Iodine Oct-21-1989 - Oct-23-2014

1 Attachment(s)
I already posted the sad news in the picture thread which I started for her a long time ago, but I was asked to share this here as well.

It is my sad duty to inform you that the woman we've known as Iodine committed suicide on October 23rd, two days after her 25th birthday. I got these sad news the other day, can't say much about the background yet. It seems that the relationship with a man which she had been so happy about ended in tears and led to this tragedy. I don't want to condemn that guy, but I was surprised to say the least when I found out that it didn't take him more than three weeks after Iodine's death to start a new relationship with a woman. If I should learn more you'll hear it first. Iodine's body was brought to Colorado where her family resides. There she was cremated.

Iodine's death is a terrible loss for all those who knew her, it'll take me a while to digest this. Her family is devastated, they supported her on her way to become a woman. I've read very moving words from her mom and dad, and from several other family members.

I add a portrait of her to this thread, unfortunately the system doesn't let me post the original picture, not even from an album, just a thumbnail. Iodine loved to share her pictures, and I know she'd love the idea that we keep watching and loving her, that we don't forget her, so feel free to visit the thread I've linked above. But please do me a favour and say a little prayer for her. Thank you.

ila 12-24-2014 05:44 PM

Thankyou for your post, Cockateer.

Although I only knew Iodine through her posts on this site she came across as a very nice person. I'm sure that she will be missed by many. My condolences to her family and friends.

Florian 01-09-2015 02:09 PM

I was very sorry to hear this tragic news. I wsa lucky enough to have a short exchange of emails with her a year ago, and can honestly say that she changed my life - it was through Iodine that I learned about this aspect of my sexuality. If only she had turned to us - I feel that many of us would have offered support.

another 10-24-2015 07:55 PM

Iodine Oct 21 1989 - Oct24 2014

Iodine had a smile that could warm the whole room. And she continued to open up like a flower.

I only heard of this a few weeks ago, as I've been mostly out of everything with a bacterial infection, that is now mostly cured.

You can find her obituary and haneyandsonsfuneralhomes, and if you click on condolences you can leave a kind word or two.

Witchycat at wordpress says of Rebecca : "She was extremely trusting, and she wanted the same of those around her. " Iodine and I never met as close as Wyoming and Colorado are. In the old day it would have been a good days ride by horseback down the Chisholm trail, from Laramie to Denver, Now its a comfortable less that two hours ride by car.

How I learned of Rebecca came about this way : Fukushima. And everyone wanted to know about a pill to absorb radiation. Iodine. So I googled Iodine and one of the returns was for Iodine at TLB. I found Iodine (Rebecca) and TLB (This wonderful site). I'm quite happy with both !

another 10-24-2015 11:03 PM

Addendum

May I add: Iodine's legal name was Rebecca Vachon. and thank you.:kiss:

another 11-27-2015 02:00 AM

May I add: The correct name is: Hanleyandsonsfuneralhomes.com to leave a word or two in condolences.

a9127 11-27-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by another (Post 259315)
May I add: Iodine's legal name was Rebecca Vachon. and thank you.:kiss:

Thank you for the information. :respect:

another 10-22-2016 07:39 PM

Iodine. Reprise

2 Attachment(s)
Iodine will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. My favorite picture of her is with her dad, arms around each other, and happy -if such a thing is possible.

I came across a pic of Iodine posing for the camera, that looks quite like one on a web page I had visited. So much so that it looks posed for a viewer that liked the first. Attachment 296468

Attachment 296469