Trans Ladyboy Forum

Trans Ladyboy Forum (http://forum.transladyboy.com//index.php)
-   Chat About Shemales (http://forum.transladyboy.com//forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   starting hormones (http://forum.transladyboy.com//showthread.php?t=1558)

Tiffanydoll 06-02-2008 11:22 AM

starting hormones

I have been thinking about starting for a while now. Is there a desired weight thats best to start at someone told me i should slim down from 205 to about 140 before starting.

I know its better to have more fat tissue around the chest for breast implants and yes i know i should not rush the implants and i plan on waiting 2 years from the time i start hormones.

Bionca 06-02-2008 11:34 AM

Yes, lose weight. Oestrogen will slow your metabolism and you will likely have less energy for awhile. Try to pick a target weight for a woman your height and make that your goal... but be realistic.

Also body fat % is actually more important. If you weigh 300 lbs with 5% body fat you will have problems feminising.

Tiffanydoll 06-02-2008 11:43 AM

k cool thanks for the info. I am about 5 ft 10 so a women my height i don't have loose too too much. I am guessing average weight for a women my height would be about 170.

Ya thats what i thought about body fat was not sure though.

Bionca 06-02-2008 02:20 PM

170 at 5'10" will be just about right and give you plenty of curves. Just remember hormones are not a magic pill. They are slow and subtle. I was on hormones for a year before the first bump behind my nipple happened. The other changes probably won't even get noticed by you at first. That's part of the problem with gals who self-medicate. They don't see what's happening and take too much. There are heath reasons to go slow and let your body shape itself as well as emotional. The initial dose for hormones is roughly what a pregnant woman as during the 8th month produces. Let me tell you, those chicks are CRAZY! :p Taking more will likely lead to greater mood swings and that first couple months are rough on us anyway.

sesame 06-02-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

I was on hormones for a year before the first bump behind my nipple happened.
:D Kinda sweet.

Tiffanydoll 06-04-2008 06:56 AM

I do know one thing that As of right now i have decided that i would not go post op and keep everything intact down below.

Someone told me that most end up getting the surgery done which is what i do not want.

Bionca 06-04-2008 09:50 AM

I don't think most ever do end up getting surgery done. Most may want it, I don't know, but I doubt most can afford it. Personally, I don't need a vagina to feel complete, so I think I'd rather take the surgery money and eventually buy a house with it.

You will have problems with some Transwomen and some Therapists because you don't want the op. It's important to remind that that SRS was created as a last resort for people who could not function without it. SRS is one of many treatments for GID, it is not a goal or by any means the end.

Tiffanydoll 06-05-2008 06:36 AM

k thanks for clearing that up because i was not too sure.

Leeya 06-10-2008 02:51 AM

Erection?

Hey! there! Good luck with the HRT, people say it's hard, but you GO! :respect:
I have a question, open for anyone who have any suggestions, here is comes:

"Kalena, Areeya, Sasha... Wonderful examples of feminine beauty. How do they maintain erection?.. Will using hormones decrease sex drive and erections?.."

CHeerS

Jenny 06-11-2008 03:20 PM

Do not cripple your life!

Bionca 06-11-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeya (Post 26002)
Hey! there! Good luck with the HRT, people say it's hard, but you GO! :respect:
I have a question, open for anyone who have any suggestions, here is comes:

"Kalena, Areeya, Sasha... Wonderful examples of feminine beauty. How do they maintain erection?.. Will using hormones decrease sex drive and erections?.."

CHeerS

There are alternate methods of obtaining a feminine shape. One can get silicone implants in the breasts, hips, and bottom. There are some newer procedeures where fat is grafted into those places as well. These will not impact either sex drive or erection. They do have their drawbacks though.

Bionca 06-11-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny (Post 26177)
Do not cripple your life!

Are you saying HRT will cripple her life?

Jenny 06-13-2008 03:06 PM

Hormones will cripple of course.

GRH 06-13-2008 03:27 PM

I'm a bit confused??? How will hormones cripple? Cripple a person's chances of having an erection? Cripple one's chances of getting a high paying job? Or do you mean to infer that they could quite literally lead to paralysis, because that's a side effect I'm unaware of.