Trans Ladyboy Forum

Trans Ladyboy Forum (http://forum.transladyboy.com//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.transladyboy.com//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How smart are you (http://forum.transladyboy.com//showthread.php?t=8367)

LeeIII 03-02-2010 09:13 PM

How smart are you

Lets see!!!

A man rides his horse in to town on Wednesday he stays for 4 days only but he leaves on Friday. How is that????

A father and son go for a car ride they have a very bad crash the dad is killed on the spot. The son is taken to a hospital the doctor comes in looks at the boy and says. I am sorry but i can't help this boy for he is my son. How is this????

There is a fog at the bottom of this well that is 12 feet deep there is no water in it. in the day time the fog can jump up 3 feet but at night the fog must jump back 2feet. How many days will it take the fog to get out of the well???

Check back Friday for you answers... and see how smart you are;)

shadows 03-02-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeIII (Post 135325)
Lets see!!!

A man rides his horse in to town on Wednesday he stays for 4 days only but he leaves on Friday. How is that????

A father and son go for a car ride they have a very bad crash the dad is killed on the spot. The son is taken to a hospital the doctor comes in looks at the boy and says. I am sorry but i can't help this boy for he is my son. How is this????

There is a fog at the bottom of this well that is 12 feet deep there is no water in it. in the day time the fog can jump up 3 feet but at night the fog must jump back 2feet. How many days will it take the fog to get out of the well???

Question #1- It doesn't state that he didn't go on more than one trip. Therefore he arrived on a Wednesday and then left on a Friday sometime in the future.;)

Question #2- The doctor is the deceased man's father(the grandfather of the surviving boy).

Question #3- I assume you meant frog rather than fog?;):lol: The frog will leap over the edge of the well during the daytime of the 10th day.

How did I do?:)

Kakariko 03-02-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadows (Post 135332)
Question #1- It doesn't state that he didn't go on more than one trip. Therefore he arrived on a Wednesday and then left on a Friday sometime in the future.;)

The horse's name is Friday :p

shadows 03-02-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakariko (Post 135339)
The horse's name is Friday :p

Damn. The second I read that, I knew I had made a mistake. I can pretty much guarantee that you are correct Kakariko. Nice one!:respect:

ETA: I gave you some Rep for that.:)

smc 03-03-2010 12:27 AM

Define "smart," because these do not measure actual intelligence. They measure awareness and reading comprehension.

shadows 03-03-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smc (Post 135352)
Define "smart," because these do not measure actual intelligence. They measure awareness and reading comprehension.

I don't comprehend the reading as well as I should.;)

merelypink 03-03-2010 07:11 AM

my brain hurts!!

Kakariko 03-03-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadows (Post 135340)
Damn. The second I read that, I knew I had made a mistake. I can pretty much guarantee that you are correct Kakariko. Nice one!:respect:

ETA: I gave you some Rep for that.:)

I don't feel so smart anymore.. what's ETA stand for? I've only ever known it as Estimated Time of Arrival, but I'm pretty sure that's not what it means here :rolleyes:

Also, notice that for the second question, it mentions the doctor cannot help the boy as it is his son, not grandson.

Quote:

So my guess would be that the grandfather (father of the doctor) and his grandson (son of the doctor) are the ones in the vehicle. So a father and a son still go for a car ride. The dad who is killed would be the grandfather, or father of the doctor. Not certain if this is the answer he's looking for or not, but.. that's what I'd go for.

By the way, I've heard that horse one heaps of times with slight variations, so I knew the minute I read it. I do love puzzles like this though!

shadows 03-03-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakariko (Post 135378)
I don't feel so smart anymore.. what's ETA stand for? I've only ever known it as Estimated Time of Arrival, but I'm pretty sure that's not what it means here :rolleyes:

Also, notice that for the second question, it mentions the doctor cannot help the boy as it is his son, not grandson.

So my guess would be that the grandfather (father of the doctor) and his grandson (son of the doctor) are the ones in the vehicle. So a father and a son still go for a car ride. The dad who is killed would be the grandfather, or father of the doctor. Not certain if this is the answer he's looking for or not, but.. that's what I'd go for.

By the way, I've heard that horse one heaps of times with slight variations, so I knew the minute I read it. I do love puzzles like this though!

LOL! At least I can answer this one correctly.;) ETA when used on a forum stands for Edited To Add.:)

I've got a page lying around somewhere that has a fun brain-teasers on it. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.:)

Tread 03-03-2010 04:34 PM

Another one that I like:

Three men bought an oven for their flat share for 300?. But the salesman realized the oven should have been only 250?. So he sent the trainee and told him to give 50? back to the men. The Trainee cheated and gave back 10? to each, 30? in sum, and hold 20? for himself.
So every man paid actually 90?, together they paid 270? (90? * 3 = 270?). The trainee has 20?.
270? + 20? = 290?
It was 300?, where are the remaining 10??

@ shadows and Kakariko for Question #2:
Change the word doctor to nurse, read again, and change nurse to doctor. The magic of clich? Occupations.

LeeIII 03-03-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadows (Post 135332)

Question #2- The doctor is the deceased man's father(the grandfather of the surviving boy).

Question #3- I assume you meant frog rather than fog?;):lol: The frog will leap over the edge of the well during the daytime of the 10th day.

How did I do?:)

Ok it was late but yes I did mean frog I was sleepy. LOL

LeeIII 03-03-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merelypink (Post 135376)
my brain hurts!!

I am sorry. ;)

LeeIII 03-03-2010 05:04 PM

Just checking in to see how ever one is doing so far only one of the ? has been answered, keep up the great work yall!!! ;):cool:

Captn Sacto 03-03-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135430)
Another one that I like:

Three men bought an oven for their flat share for 300?. But the salesman realized the oven should have been only 250?. So he sent the trainee and told him to give 50? back to the men. The Trainee cheated and gave back 10? to each, 30? in sum, and hold 20? for himself.
So every man paid actually 90?, together they paid 270? (90? * 3 = 270?). The trainee has 20?.
270? + 20? = 290?
It was 300?, where are the remaining 10??

@ shadows and Kakariko for Question #2:
Change the word doctor to nurse, read again, and change nurse to doctor. The magic of clich? Occupations.

There was no 300 the formula is 3 times 90 equals 270 minus 20 equals 250 which is the amount the store collected. Balances

Tread 03-03-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captn Sacto (Post 135454)
There was no 300 the formula is 3 times 90 equals 270 minus 20 equals 250 which is the amount the store collected. Balances

If competent performed many get serious problems to explain it.
How about this http://forum.transladyboy.com/showthread.php?t=6548, seems to be more a challenge for you.

Another one, probably to easy for Captn Sacto:

The day before yesterday, Suzie was 6 years old. Next year, she'll turn 9. How is this possible?

rockabilly 03-03-2010 09:21 PM

Hmmm the Father and Son riddle .... The Father was a priest who was taking the Doctors son home after church.

The father wrecked because he only had one hand on the wheel. :lol:

I'm smart enough to know that i don't know everything.

ila 03-03-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135472)
The day before yesterday, Suzie was 6 years old. Next year, she'll turn 9. How is this possible?

Because Suzy's birthday is December 31. Today would be Jan 1. Two days ago (Dec 30) Suzy was 6. On Dec 31 she turned 7. Later this year, on Dec 31 she will turn 8. Next year on Dec 31 she will turn 9.

Kirsty Scott 03-04-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Lets see!!!

Ok so the first one has been answered ..... The Horse is called Friday.

The second one is applicable to a gender related forum ..... You guys are just sexist ..... Females can be doctors too.

The doctor is the boy's Mommy.

The last one I don't know how to answer it is either 8 or 9 days depending on whether reaching 12ft lets the fog creep out being level with the top of the well or whether the fog needs to reach 13 ft (above the top of the well) to pop out in which it is 9 days.

There .... I hope that lifts the fog sufficiently.

Kirsty
xxx xxx

Tread 03-04-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirsty Scott (Post 135526)
The last one I don't know how to answer it is either 8 or 9 days depending on whether reaching 12ft lets the fog creep out being level with the top of the well or whether the fog needs to reach 13 ft (above the top of the well) to pop out in which it is 9 days.

8 or 9, how that?
1.Day -9ft, 1.Night -11ft, 2.D -8ft, 3.D -7ft, 4. -6ft, 5. -5ft, 6. -4ft, 7. -3ft, 8. -2ft, 9. -1ft, 10. 0ft. His toes are at -12feet at the stat, 1.day. At day 10 his toes are at zero and he is above the well surface level and he is out of it. I don?t know if it takes the day if you succeed that day. I fully support shadows answer.

My questions would be: Why does it take so long, 12 feet are easy to make in one night for a frog. And why he gets up at day, and down at night? The frogs (treefrogs) that are able to climb/jump in a well are usually night active, to prevent dehydration in the sun.

The birthday was too easy for ila. Maybe those are a bit harder.

Here are some rockabilly probably know, min. 4 out of 5. Don?t spoil the first ones too early rockabilly.

1. Until I am measured, I am not known, yet how you miss me when I have flown.

2. I never was, yet always will be. I am never seen, yet always come. I can carry nothing, yet hold much for some.

3. Who makes it has no need of it. Who buys it has no use for it. Who uses it has no knowledge of it.

4. I am always hungry, I must be fed. The finger I lick will soon turn red.

5. You are allowed to use only two numbers and no symbols. What is the biggest number you can express with them?

Kirsty Scott 03-04-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135568)
8 or 9, how that?
1.Day -9ft, 1.Night -11ft, 2.D -8ft, 3.D -7ft, 4. -6ft, 5. -5ft, 6. -4ft, 7. -3ft, 8. -2ft, 9. -1ft, 10. 0ft. His toes are at -12feet at the stat, 1.day. At day 10 his toes are at zero and he is above the well surface level and he is out of it. I don?t know if it takes the day if you succeed that day. I fully support shadows answer.

I have to agree I added 3 to 9 instead of 7 in my calculations ......

I blame all those guys who visit me claiming they have a nine inch cock ......

I made a booboo ..... :no:

The frog can't get out quicker because it is so foggy in the well he gets lost .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx

Kirsty Scott 03-04-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

1. Until I am measured, I am not known, yet how you miss me when I have flown.

Time

2. I never was, yet always will be. I am never seen, yet always come. I can carry nothing, yet hold much for some.

At first I thought it was an invisible penis but now I think I'll answer this tomorrow.

3. Who makes it has no need of it. Who buys it has no use for it. Who uses it has no knowledge of it.

Heard this before it's a coffin ..... but I disagree .... you can buy a coffin to put someone you love in which means you have a use for it.

Fat woman on her period .....

5. You are allowed to use only two numbers and no symbols. What is the biggest number you can express with them?

900? 9 and 8 on its side
Are the numbers between 1 and 10?

GRH 03-04-2010 04:30 PM

I must admit, I have a love/hate relationship with these sorts of brain teasers. I love how clever they are, but I hate that I'm not clever enough to stumble onto the right answer from the get go. I love the answer to the first one...being that Friday is the horse! LOL

Tread 03-04-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirsty Scott (Post 135610)
1. Time

2. At first I thought it was an invisible penis but now I think I'll answer this tomorrow.

3. Heard this before it's a coffin ..... but I disagree .... you can buy a coffin to put someone you love in which means you have a use for it.

4. Fat woman on her period .....

5. 900? 9 and 8 on its side

Are the numbers between 1 and 10?

Good start.

3. I agree with the disagree. It?s not the coffin.

4. If ?The finger I lick will soon turn red.? were true the fat woman would also be very flexible and would feed herself with her ?. No.:no:
Arrrgg, how I get this picture out of my head.

5. O.K. bad explained by me. Two single numbers, 0-9. For example combine a 3 and a 3. No symbols, no words, only the two numbers.
900 contains one number too much (a 9 or a 0). But it?s bigger than 900.;)

shadows, I have a special one for you as bird friend:

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

Bionca 03-04-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Lets see!!!

The doctor is the boy's mother.

shadows 03-04-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135665)

shadows, I have a special one for you as bird friend:

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

Sweet! I think I've got this one. It is the bird's reflection! I hope...;):)

LeeIII 03-05-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionca (Post 135670)
The doctor is the boy's mother.

very good :)

LeeIII 03-05-2010 08:26 AM

Here are the answers 1. the horse name is Friday 2.The doctor is the boys Mom 3. it take the frog 10 days to get out. (because at day 9 he is at 9 feet then on day 10 he jumps up 3 more feet and he is on his way home. because 9+3=12) Thanks to all who played I hope it was fun for yall.:lol::)

Tread 03-05-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadows (Post 135718)
Sweet! I think I've got this one. It is the bird's reflection! I hope...;):)

Damn you outfoxed me.
Indeed this would work with the riddle, but that?s not what I wanted to hear, and my reference (dull joke) doesn?t expose.
I?m sure you got it now, so the part of the bird is: shadow(s) :lol::lol: (insert cricket chirr) :confused:

Kirsty Scott 03-05-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeIII (Post 135769)
very good :)

Hey .....

Post No.18

I already answered that .....

Referee ....

Kirsty
xxx xxx

shadows 03-06-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135780)
Damn you outfoxed me.
Indeed this would work with the riddle, but that?s not what I wanted to hear, and my reference (dull joke) doesn?t expose.
I?m sure you got it now, so the part of the bird is: shadow(s) :lol::lol: (insert cricket chirr) :confused:

Nice one. Looking back, I can see your wordplay there. Neat little play on words.:respect:

LeeIII 03-06-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirsty Scott (Post 135786)
Hey .....

Post No.18

I already answered that .....

Referee ....

Kirsty
xxx xxx

yes you did very good but you did not get the 3nd but still good job
;)

Tread 03-06-2010 02:21 PM

Hints

Quote:

Kirsty?s answer was close.

Quote:

I?m loved when I?m small, and feared when I?m tall.
You can catch me, feel me, but don?t grab me.
You could say I?m alive but commonly deny me as life form. You know how to kill me and have no moral problems doing it.
I?m very important for human life style, but I?m fight every day.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135665)
5. O.K. bad explained by me. Two single numbers, 0-9. For example combine a 3 and a 3. No symbols, no words, only the two numbers.
900 contains one number too much (a 9 or a 0). But it?s bigger than 900.;)

Thought this one not to the end. The probably bigger challenge is to write it on a forum, and not in a usual text program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadows (Post 135862)
Nice one. Looking back, I can see your wordplay there. Neat little play on words.:respect:

Thanks, I also tried to bait you with friend of bird and your relationship with crows.

aw9725 03-06-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Tread,

If I understand the question correctly, I believe it is 9 to the 9th power or 387420489.

Dr. A

shadows 03-07-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 135921)

Thanks, I also tried to bait you with friend of bird and your relationship with crows.

How did you know of my hatred of crows?:eek:;)

Tread 03-07-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aw9725 (Post 135991)
Tread,

If I understand the question correctly, I believe it is 9 to the 9th power or 387420489.

Dr. A

R.E.S.T.E.C.P! Restecp Dr. Ali.
If fussy taken the definition of number is not 100% fitting to 9http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9302/power9.png.
And of course the thing that is impossible to write xhttp://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9302/power9.png.
(I hope it looks correct on your screen)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadows (Post 136024)
How did you know of my hatred of crows?:eek:;)

The internet, and this forum, don?t forget easily.;)

shadows 03-08-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tread (Post 136054)
R.E.S.T.E.C.P! Restecp Dr. Ali.
If fussy taken the definition of number is not 100% fitting to 9http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9302/power9.png.
And of course the thing that is impossible to write xhttp://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9302/power9.png.
(I hope it looks correct on your screen)

The internet, and this forum, don?t forget easily.;)

I must have forgotten that I posted about the darned crows here.:eek::lol:

Tread 03-09-2010 09:58 PM

If someone is still brooding about it, here are the remaining answers:

3. Grave
It?s an exception that you dig your own grave (not proverbial).
A coffin is not as limited in use as a grave, but to put a corpse in it would only be useful if you want the corpse back, or more common to transport it (witch would be a use). If you visit the grave you don?t use it.
If someone knows he uses it, something went terrible wrong.

4. Fire
I found the life aspect interesting:
it has a metabolism,
it creates a balance between intake and excreta to keep the flame stabile,
it response to stimuli,
the ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment (as embers, smolder),
it moves, it grows, it reproduces itself (over sparks),
and it dies.