PDA

View Full Version : Boys Toys

tlover
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
A few months ago i bought a motorbike mainly for getting around a bit cheaper with petrol prices sky high, i always wanted one just never seemed to find time.
Anyway its now become my favorite toy (apart from the obvious one) :rolleyes: every time we get a decent day im burning rubber with my big chopper throbbing between my legs, actually its only a small bike but next year i plan to invest in a Harley or Virago cruiser, there such sexy looking bikes.
I just love getting out in the fresh air, tearing around.

So have you got a favorite boys toy?

Rachel
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
This is my toy

transjen
11-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Does a blue 95 Corvette count? ;) even when gas was 4 bucks a gallen i still refused to get rid of it

tlover
11-12-2008, 07:16 PM
This is my toy

Never said boys toys weren't for gurls Rachel;)
That's a sexy looking bike what is it exactly? looks like a touring bike mabey a Harley, do you get to do alot of touring on it?
Love to see some more pics of it.:)

tlover
11-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Does a blue 95 Corvette count? ;) even when gas was 4 bucks a gallen i still refused to get rid of it

Yep i think that counts as a boy toy jen.
How about some pics of you and your boy toy;) :innocent:

transjen
11-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Yep i think that counts as a boy toy jen.
How about some pics of you and your boy toy;) :innocent: I'll see what i can do, At the moment the only photo of my vette has the lic plate showing and i don't want to show that so i need a new photo. Jennifer

jimnaseum
11-13-2008, 09:09 PM
after and way after. Too expensive to drive now.

Rachel
11-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Never said boys toys weren't for gurls Rachel;)
That's a sexy looking bike what is it exactly? looks like a touring bike mabey a Harley, do you get to do alot of touring on it?
Love to see some more pics of it.:)

It's an 02 Harley Road King.

fatbloke
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM

:turnon::turnon::turnon::turnon:,Now that is a thing of beauty,WOW,sheer class with two wheels.I have a hard on just looking at it:D

Rachel
11-15-2008, 02:46 AM
:turnon::turnon::turnon::turnon:,Now that is a thing of beauty,WOW,sheer class with two wheels.I have a hard on just looking at it:D

You must have gotten confused when you clicked quote. You obviously meant MY bike. lol wink wink

Arthur
11-15-2008, 04:11 AM
A Black Triumph Street Triple 675. Had loads of bikes.

rhythmic delivery
11-15-2008, 04:39 AM
the vincent black shadow and a ducati 900
the Ducati 900 is so finely engineered and balanced and torqued that you can do 90 mph in fifth through a 35-mph zone and get away with it. The bike is not just fast -- it is extremely quick and responsive, and it will do amazing things.... It is a little like riding the original Vincent Black Shadow, which would outrun an F-86 jet fighter on the takeoff runway, but at the end, the F-86 would go airborne and the Vincent would not, and there was no point in trying to turn it. WHAMO! The Sausage Creature strikes again.
There is a fundamental difference, however, between the old Vincents and the new breed of superbikes. If you rode the Black Shadow at top speed for any length of time, you would almost certainly die. That is why there are not many life members of the Vincent Black Shadow Society. The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time.
There is a fundamental difference, however, between the old Vincents and the new breed of superbikes. If you rode the Black Shadow at top speed for any length of time, you would almost certainly die. That is why there are not many life members of the Vincent Black Shadow Society. The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time.

i don't realy know anything about motorbikes i just cut and pasted this together

tlover
11-15-2008, 09:42 AM

Wow that's an Indian right, only ever seen one like that over over here in the uk.
That's looks a beast of a bike

jimnaseum
11-15-2008, 11:17 AM
OK Rachel, start drooling. My Indian cost $115 in the sixties, my brother had FIVE of them! It is definitely FEMALE, on a bright sunny day it will ride like Heaven, on a rainy day it will kick me over the handlebars.
I grew up with BSAs and Hondas, my friends had Triumphs and dirt bikes, the local bike shop had a Black Shadow in the Show Room. Gorgeous Bike.
My buddy now has an old MG that costs a fortune in upkeep and tuning, I wouldn't mind having a vette or a car with personality, but since the traffic where I live is a nightmare, I go PRACTICAL now. (sigh)

Rachel
11-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Hmmm Harley just had their 105th anniversery and Indian is how many now? Oh yeah they went out of business long time ago

Rachel
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Must have ben those big fenders that did them in! lol No seriously if thats what you like ... I just never found them attractive

jimnaseum
11-15-2008, 06:31 PM
ouch!.....

Rachel
11-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Maybe if you let me ride it sweetie I'll change my opinion lol. I like the before pic without the front fender. Makes it meaner looking.

fatbloke
11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
You must have gotten confused when you clicked quote. You obviously meant MY bike. lol wink wink

:lol:Sorry Rachel,did'nt mean to offend you,the Harley is a beautiful bike,but don't see too many Indians in England.
So what is that power like between your legs:D

transjen
11-16-2008, 02:23 PM
My girl toy

Rachel
11-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Nice Vette Jen!

Rachel
11-16-2008, 03:04 PM
:lol:Sorry Rachel,did'nt mean to offend you,the Harley is a beautiful bike,but don't see too many Indians in England.
So what is that power like between your legs:D

What do you see on the road in England? Here you see everything. Old and new. Lots of old cars too. As far as the other question... I've been told I must like big,black,hot throbbing things between my legs NOT!

transjen
11-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Nice Vette Jen! Thanks, It's my baby :D Jennifer

CuriousJim
11-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks, It's my baby :D Jennifer

I. Envy. You.

Corvettes and Mustangs are the only decent cars to come out of the USA!

transjen
11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I. Envy. You.

Corvettes and Mustangs are the only decent cars to come out of the USA! OOHHH i love the new Mustangs with the 60s retro look :yes: Jennifer

Rachel
11-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Speaking of retro cars... I want one of those new Challengers! Has to be red or black dont like the orange ewww One of you nice guys should buy me one

ila
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
My toy is 74 Sportster XLCH. It's currently in pieces. I stripped it down several years ago because it needed extensive work. It had to be repainted, all the gaskets and seals needed replacing, the motor needed an overhaul, the spokes had to be rechromed, relaced and tightened, plus several other minor repairs. So far all I've done is install a carb kit, fix the primary drive, and have it repainted. I'm pretty well at a dead end for a while. I need a garage where I can keep it out of the weather so that I can pull the motor and transmission and overhaul them. After that I've got to pull the forks so that I can replace the boots and seals, replace the tires, pull, clean and relace the spokes, redo the brakes and lines, rewire it completely, and several other small things. I have no idea when I'll be finished although it would be nice to get it back on the road.

If I had the money there are some other toys I would like to get such as:

A sled - since I live in a climate where we get snow for 4 to 5 months I might as well enjoy it. I've been thinking about a one-up Yamaha with enough power to give me whiplash from a standing start.

A quad - actually two of them. I want a sporty one with a chain drive that will go like snot and big workhorse with a shaft drive. Naturally I'll want the accessories that go with my workhorse such as a blade, a snowblower, fender bags, and I'm sure there are a few other things that I would like.

A boat - an 18' Glastron with a stern drive is about right. The lakes around here are big and it's really nice to have a big boat to go out on them.

A fifth wheel camper - I like to be comfortable now when I go camping.

Of course I'll need a big truck to pull my camper and boat. Dodge Ram comes to mind or perhaps a Toyota. Regardless of which truck I get it'll have to be a diesel.

Reality is I'll be lucky to get my bike back together anytime soon and unless I suddenly come into a lot of money I won't be getting any other toys.

franalexes
11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
A fifth wheel camper - I like to be comfortable now when I go camping.

And do you need a bedwarmer for that camper?:rolleyes::censored:

CuriousJim
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
And do you need a bedwarmer for that camper?:rolleyes::censored:

Every man does!

hotfortrannies420
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
i got a turbo charched 2000 honda accord

jimnaseum
11-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey ila
http://books.google.com/books?id=TO-F8zOcz3AC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=sporster+750+bottom+end&source=web&ots=NSNAk1CMqT&sig=v2Z6XRB-41AZXKQzEtjWxeHCWHg&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PPA141,M1

The 750 flat track racer has the same bottom end as a Sportster, except it has improvements like bearings instead of bushings, etc. If you want a QUICK bike, it might be fun to look into it.

fatbloke
11-18-2008, 01:05 AM
What do you see on the road in England? Here you see everything. Old and new. Lots of old cars too. As far as the other question... I've been told I must like big,black,hot throbbing things between my legs NOT!

:D,A lot of the older bikers go for harley's or Triumphs,nicely customised,but then you get your weekend racer types who zoom around on the newer style bikes.As for me,i hav'nt touched a bike for 23 yrs,ever since a nice gentleman in a big merc sideswiped me,causing me to slide for 50 yrds on my skin between oncoming cars,nice of him i thought:D

fatbloke
11-18-2008, 01:11 AM
OOHHH i love the new Mustangs with the 60s retro look :yes: Jennifer

:D,I fell in love with mustangs when i was working in Palm springs in 1987,there was a guy who was staying at the Hilton,he had a beautiful red convertable,i shoy my load.And there is a guy who is staying at the hotel i am working in now,he has a gorgeous yellow and black baby,so sleek and powerful,again i shot my load:D

ila
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey ila
http://books.google.com/books?id=TO-F8zOcz3AC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=sporster+750+bottom+end&source=web&ots=NSNAk1CMqT&sig=v2Z6XRB-41AZXKQzEtjWxeHCWHg&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PPA141,M1

The 750 flat track racer has the same bottom end as a Sportster, except it has improvements like bearings instead of bushings, etc. If you want a QUICK bike, it might be fun to look into it.

Thanks for the link jim. I'm torn between keeping everything completely authentic or using newer innovations/technology to improve the ride and performance. At least if I use bearings instead of bushings it won't be visually obvious.

Indestructable2K4
11-19-2008, 01:02 AM
In my DREAMS I have a '99 Nissan Skyline GT-R... That's in my dreams of course...

SSL
05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
This would be my humble toy... :cool:

violet lightning
05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I love most old bikes, but BMW's are my favorite.
Current toy is a BMW R-100/7.
Toy I have my eye on is this R-100 RT Tourer.
Excellent bikes, well made, easy to work on yourself (on those rare occasions)
and runners boy. Ride across Texas without a hickup or even a sore butt.
Good in the slop too...

My project toy is this old pick 'em up!!
Great to take your friends down to the swimming hole or river for a float!

:D Love those old bikes! That Indian is a beaut! (Nice photo too)

crossingoceans
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Jen, I'm with you! lol I love corvettes too, specially the model '67 and the Z06

Sting Ray
http://bfarber.com/screens/%5B3049%5Dcorvette___1970_stingray.jpg

Z06
http://www.d2autosport.com/wheels/iforged/IFORGED%20500pixel/c6essen1920b.jpg

Oh and my gaming rig, which is currently dead :( but I'll bring it back from dead soon!! muhuahahahaha

randolph
05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
My girl toy

Hey Jen, when I get my Tesla do you want to try 0 to 60? :D
Randolph

transjen
05-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Jen, I'm with you! lol I love corvettes too, specially the model '67 and the Z06

Sting Ray
http://bfarber.com/screens/%5B3049%5Dcorvette___1970_stingray.jpg

Z06
http://www.d2autosport.com/wheels/iforged/IFORGED%20500pixel/c6essen1920b.jpg

Oh and my gaming rig, which is currently dead :( but I'll bring it back from dead soon!! muhuahahahaha Oh i love that Vette but it's a 68 or 69 not a 67 which was the previous body stlye . :yes: Jennifer

transjen
05-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Hey Jen, when I get my Tesla do you want to try 0 to 60? :D
Randolph You better get it fast as i'm affaid fast cars may soon be a thing of the past, I hear Chevy is dropping the Corvette in there restructing :eek: So Tesla's may soon be history also :( Jennifer

The Conquistador
05-28-2009, 02:26 AM
My M44 Mosin-Nagant and M1 Carbine :P

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv74/mrmught/duelingcarbines.jpg

crossingoceans
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Is GM really gonna do that? ohh that's sad... I really wanted to see the rebirth of the Camaro :(

Another boy toy

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2897/hd4870sdh5.png

ATI HD4870, Anyone who is into computers, knows why lol

Hey TheAngryPostman, where did you get that mossin from? it's a great WWII weapon

The Conquistador
05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Got it at a local gunstore. It only cost $79.00! I should have kept rummaging through the store though, because they had a Mosin-Nagant sniper with the PU scope, scope mounts and turned down bolt for $150.00. I missed out on that sniper one because I was in a rush. :(

aw9725
09-24-2009, 12:28 AM
My girl toy

Very nice! Looks like a Gran Sport. :respect:

aw9725
09-24-2009, 12:30 AM
It's an 02 Harley Road King.

Nice bike! :respect:

johndowe
09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I'll see what i can do, At the moment the only photo of my vette has the lic plate showing and i don't want to show that so i need a new photo. Jennifer

Hi there.

You can always photoshop it away...

Win comes with paint, it IS very rudumentary, but it WILL do the job.

JohnDowe.

corleone.luigi
09-24-2009, 08:34 AM
My Austin Healey Mk III (Feb. 1968)

transjen
09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Didn't realize 'till now there were other Corvette owners here! Nice cars! Thanks for sharing! The silver one is a 2004. Six speed manual, Z51 suspension, and heads up display. The black one is a 1997, automatic, and belongs to my cat, as you can see ("She who must be obeyed")... :cool:Yes Vette lovers come from all walks of life, Sadly this weekend my Vette will go in to storage for the winter and not reappear till next may

:frown: Jerseygirl Jen

sierracola
09-24-2009, 07:09 PM
no offense but the c4 corvette is possibly the ugliest of the corvettes. hopefully by now u have upgraded to another generation. btw i have a 1980 l-82 corvette black wit t-tops.

transjen
09-24-2009, 09:46 PM
no offense but the c4 corvette is possibly the ugliest of the corvettes. hopefully by now u have upgraded to another generation. btw i have a 1980 l-82 corvette black wit t-tops.How can you not love the C4s they rock and there is no way i'll get rid of my 95, if i ever buy another vette it'll be a C3 between 69 to 77 the 68s have way to many glichs and 78 to 82 has the ugly bubble back window just my humble opion but any vette if worth having in your garage

:yes: Jerseygirl Jen

aw9725
09-25-2009, 02:43 PM
How can you not love the C4s they rock and there is no way i'll get rid of my 95, if i ever buy another vette it'll be a C3 between 69 to 77 the 68s have way to many glichs and 78 to 82 has the ugly bubble back window just my humble opion but any vette if worth having in your garage

Jerseygirl Jen:

Your "C4" Gran Sport is an awesome car and by far the best of the C4's. It is already a collectible. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :) :respect:

And to all 'Vette owners--whatever kind you have, it's ALL good! And don't forget to wave! :cool:

Andy

transjen
09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Jerseygirl Jen:

Your "C4" Gran Sport is an awesome car and by far the best of the C4's. It is already a collectible. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :) :respect:

And to all 'Vette owners--whatever kind you have, it's ALL good! And don't forget to wave! :cool:

Andy Actually i didn't buy it because it was a GS i brought because i loved the colors and i loved the white stripe and how it looked, When i brought it it was on the used lot as someone traded it in on a new 02 Corvette and i've had it ever since and i just love it and will never sell it

ila
09-25-2009, 06:13 PM
....Sadly this weekend my Vette will go in to storage for the winter and not reappear till next may

Gee, Jen, if you put you vette up on blocks already aren't you worried that there will be a whole bunch of bored Jersey cops? They won't have a hot girl in a hot car to pull over for the next several months. :D

The Conquistador
09-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes Vette lovers come from all walks of life, Sadly this weekend my Vette will go in to storage for the winter and not reappear till next may

what a bummer:(

transjen
09-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Gee, Jen, if you put you vette up on blocks already aren't you worried that there will be a whole bunch of bored Jersey cops? They won't have a hot girl in a hot car to pull over for the next several months. :D Good let someone else help pay the NEW JERSEY budgett short fall

:lol: Jerseygirl Jen

transjen
09-26-2009, 01:09 AM
what a bummer:( True but here in NJ the leaves are starting to turn and autum is in the air and the temp is droping so it's time to put the Vette up till spring, Now if i lived in SO CAL like it says you do then i'd be able to drive the Vette year round but sorry your states exhust laws are way to strict for me and i'd have to deturn my Vette

The Conquistador
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah, Cali blows. Anything that can be considered "fun" is regulated. Can't wait to get out of here.

transjen
09-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah, Cali blows. Anything that can be considered "fun" is regulated. Can't wait to get out of here.Looks like we found something we can agree on,My boyfriend had a chance to tranfer to the branch out there in SO CAL and we came real close to moving out there but i checked out a lot of things and we decided to stay here, Sorry but your states car laws suck big time as does it's fee's

ila
09-27-2009, 02:29 PM
If you are interested in one, there is a forum for them. The link is:

http://www.srt10forum.com

Thankyou for the link.

Also, up where you live there might be an issue with snow. I have driven mine in light snow and if you are careful it is not bad--plus I put sandbags in the back.

Snow is not really a problem here when driving trucks. Most people, around here, that have a two wheel drive truck put sandbags and patio stones on each side of the wheel well. It works quite well for providing traction. We also don't get that much snow accumulation here. It just comes early and stays around a long time.

Let me know if you do decide to get one! :)

I won't be getting a big truck any time soon. My main interest lies in working on anything mechanical, from small chainsaws up to the biggest piece of equipment I can get hold of. I will admit though that the electronics systems on modern vehicles are beyond my capabilities.

DSL
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Well the only boys toys i have is a 50 inch plasma TV and Home Theater
sound System and my trusty Subaru Forester.

DSL
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh yeah my trusty model 19 357 magnum it looks just like the photo
i do have a licence to carry by the way.

citoyen
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
can it be that as well?

The Conquistador
09-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah my trusty model 19 357 magnum it looks just like the photo
i do have a licence to carry by the way.

Nice! When I get a pistol, I'm gonna aim for a 1911 or an M9.

TracyCoxx
10-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Here's my toy that I bought last month. It's a Roush Mustang. The interior is great too. It feels like you're sitting in a cockpit. And the acceleration can definitely be measured in terms of Gs.

barry
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
beautiful car - roush in my opinion are the best pony's ever built course im more of a z28 fan myself so what do i know.

still a beautiful machine

transjen
12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Just traded my vette yeap it's long gone, i replaced it with a 71 Cuda conv with a 383 6pack and it green with white int and auto trans, The photo below is not a photo of my car as i need to take a photo which i will later but the photo will give you an idea of what my car looks like and a clue to those who don't know classic cars

ila
12-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Just traded my vette yeap it's long gone, i replaced it with a 71 Cuda conv with a 383 6pack and it green with white int and auto trans, The photo below is not a photo of my car as i need to take a photo which i will later but the photo will give you an idea of what my car looks like and a clue to those who don't know classic cars

Nice choice, Jen. There's something about a Cuda that no other car can match. You may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most Cudas were hardtops and convertibles were a rarity. Are you going to repaint it or leave it green? I can see you'll be turning heads next summer when you're cruising along with the top down.

transjen
12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Nice choice, Jen. There's something about a Cuda that no other car can match. You may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most Cudas were hardtops and convertibles were a rarity. Are you going to repaint it or leave it green? I can see you'll be turning heads next summer when you're cruising along with the top down. I have no idea if one is more common then the other i made the trade because i like the car and i know the owner as he's a custmer at the bank i work at and he always asked how my vette was and last week he said he'd trade cars even up and yesterday i gave him a call and made the trade, As for the green paint job it was painted like two years ago so for now it stays green but the stupid 8track has to go

shadows
12-15-2009, 06:39 PM
I have no idea if one is more common then the other i made the trade because i like the car and i know the owner as he's a custmer at the bank i work at and he always asked how my vette was and last week he said he'd trade cars even up and yesterday i gave him a call and made the trade, As for the green paint job it was painted like two years ago so for now it stays green but the stupid 8track has to go

Has to go? You mean you don't want to listen to some Kenny Rogers on 8-track while you're cruising down the highway?;):lol::p

It looks like you have found another car that you'll enjoy driving, and that is nice. You obviously miss your old car, and getting another that you enjoy will help ease the pain a little.:)

transjen
12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Has to go? You mean you don't want to listen to some Kenny Rogers on 8-track while you're cruising down the highway?;):lol::p

It looks like you have found another car that you'll enjoy driving, and that is nice. You obviously miss your old car, and getting another that you enjoy will help ease the pain a little.:)

I don't want to hold em or fold em or listin to em on CD let alone on 8track :no:
And this car like my old vette has a few thing in common one they look great two they have big engines and lots of ponies under the hood and last but not least i always wanted a conv so that ment the vette would have to go as i can't have two cars that are for spring and summer only

shadows
12-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't want to hold em or fold em or listin to em on CD let alone on 8track :no:
And this car like my old vette has a few thing in common one they look great two they have big engines and lots of ponies under the hood and last but not least i always wanted a conv so that ment the vette would have to go as i can't have two cars that are for spring and summer only

Jen, I must admit that the hold 'em and fold 'em comment made me laugh!:D

It was worthy of some positive Reputation for you, and it finally looks like I've spread enough around to be able to give you some more! Thanks for the laugh!:cool::)

And I am looking forward to seeing a picture of you tooting around the countryside in your new car with the top down! Well, perhaps tooting around isn't what I'm looking for...I know! ROARING down the highway with some AC/DC blasting from the speakers! Yeah...good stuff.:respect::cool::)

transjen
12-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Jen, I must admit that the hold 'em and fold 'em comment made me laugh!:D

And I am looking forward to seeing a picture of you tooting around the countryside in your new car with the top down! Well, perhaps tooting around isn't what I'm looking for...I know! ROARING down the highway with some AC/DC blasting from the speakers! Yeah...good stuff.:respect::cool::) This call screams out for the BEACH BOYS, We'll have fun fun till daddy takes the Cuda away

shadows
12-16-2009, 12:27 AM
This call screams out for the BEACH BOYS, We'll have fun fun till daddy takes the Cuda away

If I hear a Beach Boys song playing I'll check to see if it's a cuda driving down the road. If so, I'll wave hello.;)

aw9725
12-16-2009, 12:51 AM

Nice car Jen! :respect: :drool:

transjen
12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Called in sick today so i could get insurence on it then i went to the DMV to pay all the BS fees and boy were they pissed because there was no sales tax involved but anyway sfter all the fun there i got to take my new car out for a spin and no i didn't drop the top but it still rode nice and that damn 8track has to go as do the speakers sounds like the car only has two speakers yuck what were they thinking?
:eek: Jerseygirl Jen

shadows
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Called in sick today so i could get insurence on it then i went to the DMV to pay all the BS fees and boy were they pissed because there was no sales tax involved but anyway sfter all the fun there i got to take my new car out for a spin and no i didn't drop the top but it still rode nice and that damn 8track has to go as do the speakers sounds like the car only has two speakers yuck what were they thinking?

They were thinking that any more than 2 speakers of Kenny Roger goodness would be considered torture.;):lol:

transjen
12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
They were thinking that any more than 2 speakers of Kenny Roger goodness would be considered torture.;):lol: Well it could be worse it could be Glen Cambell or John Denver

shadows
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Well it could be worse it could be Glen Cambell or John Denver

That would just be cruel and unusual punishment, Jennifer!:eek::lol:

transjen
12-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Well most of the time i play FLEETWOOD MAC/BRUCE SPRINGSTEN/ TOM PETTY/JOURNEY/THE CARS/WAN HALEN DAVID LEE ROTH VH/IRON MAIDEN/KISS
:yes:Jerseygirl Jen

shadows
12-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Well most of the time i play FLEETWOOD MAC/BRUCE SPRINGSTEN/ TOM PETTY/JOURNEY/THE CARS/WAN HALEN DAVID LEE ROTH VH/IRON MAIDEN/KISS
:yes:Jerseygirl Jen

Some of that music is quite kick-ass! Wanna get married?;):D:cool::respect:

transjen
12-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Some of that music is quite kick-ass! Wanna get married?;):D:cool::respect: I will be next June

shadows
12-16-2009, 11:31 PM
I will be next June

Congratulations!:hug:

What day will you be getting married?:)

Will you be placing any pictures on the forum of your wonderful day?:)

transjen
12-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Congratulations!:hug:

What day will you be getting married?:)

Will you be placing any pictures on the forum of your wonderful day?:) Thanks and the date is sat june 19 and i'm sure no one wants to see me in a wedding dress

shadows
12-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks and the date is sat june 19 and i'm sure no one wants to see me in a wedding dress

Why wouldn't they? You would make a lovely bride. I wouldn't BS about something like that.:)

If you don't feel comfortable posting them in the general forum, you could always post them in a PM to whoever you trusted here.:)

And that is 3 days before my birthday!:cool:

transjen
12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
I think most would want to see photos of me wearing what i'll be wearing on the honeymoon

The Conquistador
12-17-2009, 06:55 PM
You got rid of your Vette? :( Are you gonna keep your trans am?

shadows
12-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I think most would want to see photos of me wearing what i'll be wearing on the honeymoon

That may be true, but I consider you a friend so I want to see you in regular every-day(well, I guess a wedding isn't an every-day occurence, but you know what I mean;)) pictures.:)

transjen
12-20-2009, 12:41 AM
That may be true, but I consider you a friend so I want to see you in regular every-day(well, I guess a wedding isn't an every-day occurence, but you know what I mean;)) pictures.:)Gee thanks

:blush: Jerseygirl Jen

transjen
12-20-2009, 12:43 AM
You got rid of your Vette? :( Are you gonna keep your trans am?Yeah the Vette got traded and the TRANS-AM is in the shop getting a new engine

crossingoceans
12-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah the Vette got traded and the TRANS-AM is in the shop getting a new engine

So, I heard you like cars eh... lol

Hey I wanna see pictures of that Trans-Am once it gets on your hands ok? it sounds pretty nice tbh.

Speaking of boys toys, I was asked to build a $6k computer, for gaming and video editing. I really don't know how the guy got the money, but, I hope I can build a very nice computer with that cash lol

Rachel
03-09-2010, 03:21 AM
I just got a crossbow. It's freakin awesome! Way faster then my old compound bow. Pics soon to follow.

ila
03-09-2010, 05:57 PM
I just got a crossbow. It's freakin awesome! Way faster then my old compound bow. Pics soon to follow.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Have you been getting lots of practice with it?

smc
03-09-2010, 06:03 PM

Be careful, Rachel. Those things can go off before you're ready to shoot.

shadows
03-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Be careful, Rachel. Those things can go off before you're ready to shoot.

I am not sure if this is the same cat or not, but I remember reading about how a scumwad deliberately shot an arrow(or crossbow bolt) into a cat and left it in the cat. Some kind person saw the poor cat and brought it to the Vet. Believe it or not, the cat made a full recovery! That being said, I would love to kick the "person" who hurt that cat so maliciously in the nuts with my steel-toed boot.:censored:

ila
03-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I am not sure if this is the same cat or not, but I remember reading about how a scumwad deliberately shot an arrow(or crossbow bolt) into a cat and left it in the cat. Some kind person saw the poor cat and brought it to the Vet. Believe it or not, the cat made a full recovery! That being said, I would love to kick the "person" who hurt that cat so maliciously in the nuts with my steel-toed boot.:censored:

And don't forget to set the crows on said scumwad. They know how to tear apart garbage.

shadows
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
And don't forget to set the crows on said scumwad. They know how to tear apart garbage.

That would be too quick of a punishment.:no:

shadows
03-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Shadows,

You can have him.

After I am done with him... :censored:

I think we can all share ass-kicking duties at the same time. Our legs may get tired, after all.

Lord.Steve
03-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Walther p38, but as an airisoft gun

Rachel
03-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Naw it wont "go off". It has an automatically engaging safety when you cock it. Your greatest danger of injury with a crossbow is improper placement of the hand and fingers on the foregrip. If any parts of you are above the flight rail they will be amputated. And no gun ever just goes off anyway. You have to act upon it in some way. Either careless handling that might jar it or having your finger on the trigger when it shouldnt be. Back to my bow. Actually it's more like a string rifle lol. Handles more like a firearm then a bow. My son and I could consistantly hit a 2 inch bull at 30 yards. Havent shot it further then that yet. Multi reticle scope has crosshairs to 60 yards.

FoxySarah
03-20-2010, 10:42 AM
My M44 Mosin-Nagant and M1 Carbine :P

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv74/mrmught/duelingcarbines.jpg

I see your Mosin-Nagant and M1 and raise you a Longbranch Lee-Enfiel No. 4 Mk I*

http://i40.tinypic.com/2m2x4yv.jpg

shadows
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Naw it wont "go off". It has an automatically engaging safety when you cock it. Your greatest danger of injury with a crossbow is improper placement of the hand and fingers on the foregrip. If any parts of you are above the flight rail they will be amputated. And no gun ever just goes off anyway. You have to act upon it in some way. Either careless handling that might jar it or having your finger on the trigger when it shouldnt be. Back to my bow. Actually it's more like a string rifle lol. Handles more like a firearm then a bow. My son and I could consistantly hit a 2 inch bull at 30 yards. Havent shot it further then that yet. Multi reticle scope has crosshairs to 60 yards.

Don't forget to post some pictures of the crossbow in action if you can(or want to).:)

Rachel
03-21-2010, 01:07 PM
no pics yet my camera is junk now. Look up on the net Parker buckbuster 175. Thats what I have.

The Conquistador
03-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I see your Mosin-Nagant and M1 and raise you a Longbranch Lee-Enfiel No. 4 Mk I*

Curses woman! How is your rifle? Can you do this with yours? It is a world record that was set with a Lee-Enfield.

The current world record for aimed bolt-action fire was set in 1914 by a musketry instructor in the British Army ? Sergeant Instructor Snoxall ? who placed 38 rounds into a 12" target at 300 yards (270 m) in one minute

A lady with a gun is a sexy sight!

shadows
03-21-2010, 03:07 PM
no pics yet my camera is junk now. Look up on the net Parker buckbuster 175. Thats what I have.

It just makes the anticipation of the pictures that much sweeter. Whenever you're able to, then.:)

Rachel
03-22-2010, 03:53 AM
I'll see what I can do

new believer
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM

That's my kind of woman.

Rachel
03-23-2010, 04:07 AM
didnt look at the link but I can get off 4 aimed rounds in 10 seconds with my old SINGLE SHOT H&R .22 bolt action.

FoxySarah
03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Curses woman! How is your rifle? Can you do this with yours? It is a world record that was set with a Lee-Enfield.

Quote:
The current world record for aimed bolt-action fire was set in 1914 by a musketry instructor in the British Army ? Sergeant Instructor Snoxall ? who placed 38 rounds into a 12" target at 300 yards (270 m) in one minute

A lady with a gun is a sexy sight!

I'm not as fast as that, but If I take my time I can get a better grouping: I can put 5 rounds in an 8cm target at 200 metres in 30 seconds.

Talvenada
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm not as fast as that, but If I take my time I can get a better grouping: I can put 5 rounds in an 8cm target at 200 metres in 30 seconds.

FOXY:

Wow! Where have you been for months?

TAL

shadows
03-24-2010, 12:21 AM
didnt look at the link but I can get off 4 aimed rounds in 10 seconds with my old SINGLE SHOT H&R .22 bolt action.

Rachel, I can't be certain but I think it is the distance of the shots that is the record not just the amount of shots fired.:)

Not that this would be the first time if I am wrong.:blush:

The Conquistador
03-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Rachel, I can't be certain but I think it is the distance of the shots that is the record not just the amount of shots fired.:)

Not that this would be the first time if I am wrong.:blush:

It is a record taking into consideration the caliber(.303 which is almost like a British 30-06), distance of the target(300m), size of the target(12 inches), and the amount of rounds put into that target in 1 minute(38 rounds). It is hard to hit such a small target at that distance with iron sights and a rack grade weapon.

The Lee-Enfield is known for it's quick cycling; in WWI, the Germans thought that they were taking machine gun fire when in fact it was volley fire done by a bunch of guys with Lee-Enfields!

The Conquistador
03-24-2010, 07:23 PM

Hubba hubba! Do you have any pics of you with your rifle? :drool::drool:

The Conquistador
03-24-2010, 07:26 PM

Is it a break action?

Rachel
03-26-2010, 03:21 AM
My old gun is a bolt action single shot. Had it since I was 6. When I say 4 shots it's because that is usually the standard for single shot actions. You hold the extra rounds between your fingers holding the forearm.so 1 in the chamber and 3 more between your fingers. By the way... we were shooting at claybirds 4 inch target at 100 yards. 4 shots 4 hits in 10 seconds with a single shot bolt rifle. And no spring loaded bolt assist like an Enfield. I used to have one of those.

The Conquistador
03-26-2010, 01:53 PM
My old gun is a bolt action single shot. Had it since I was 6. When I say 4 shots it's because that is usually the standard for single shot actions. You hold the extra rounds between your fingers holding the forearm.so 1 in the chamber and 3 more between your fingers. By the way... we were shooting at claybirds 4 inch target at 100 yards. 4 shots 4 hits in 10 seconds with a single shot bolt rifle. And no spring loaded bolt assist like an Enfield. I used to have one of those.

Cool beans! :) :respect: